6.11.11

Conditions of My Parole? More like Winditions of My Parole.

This album could just about be my AoTY 2011.
So, here we are. In the interest of not studying for a Japanese exam tomorrow, I have instead decided to write a little blurb on the new Puscifer album, entitled, "Conditions of My Parole".

Now, while I've enjoyed pretty much everything in the Tool and A Perfect Circle discographies, and when I heard about Maynard James Keenan's solo project I took a listen to his first album, "V is for Vagina". Personally, I felt that album was lacking that usual MJK flair, and I didn't like it all that much. With that mindset, I dug into this new release.

Holy crap.

Jesus H. Christ, this album is incredible.

From Tiny Monsters, the opener, I could instantly see this was going to be different from the first full length. Then I came across Green Valley. At that point, I was hooked. I continued through, enjoying Man Overboard, Toma, and the title track, Conditions of My Parole with that same feeling I had when I first discovered Tool some ten odd years ago. Finally with the last second of Tumbleweed tumbling by, I felt drained. I hadn't had an album do that to me since Agalloch's "Marrow of the Spirit" released last year. Now, some 200+ odd scrobbles on my Last.fm later, I can confidently recommend this album to anyone, it's that good.

And on that note, I'm off to sleep. Exams be damned.

No comments: