25.5.11

Portal 2 Soundtrack Released

It's here. And it's awesome.
"Bolstered by recent breakthroughs in the field of jazz smoothing, Aperture announced today the first of three downloadable aural stimulus packages." So says the Portal 2 team as VALVe released the first volume of Portal 2: Songs To Test By. The first in a three-part OST, this album comes with 22 instrumental pieces of musical excellence. As a person who has been hunting for the soundtrack back when I first heard bits of it in Portal 2's announcement trailer, I can confidently say this is one of the best soundtracks I have heard, up there with Bioshock 2's Sounds From the Lighthouse.

Anyway, pick up a free copy of the entire album on the Portal 2 music site here. The site also has sections from selected tracks that are usable as ringtones for your phone. I personally like the Science Is Fun ringtone.

1 comment:

Androo said...

Hell yeah, gonna put one of these on my tablet for notifications; if someone notifies me on Facebook, I'll forever be reminded of Portal