1.8.11

Sudden Realization

I have seen the light. I need a break.
It hit me a few days ago when I was lying in my bed thinking yet again about ways to defeat your average Riku of Two Reflections EDH deck. I had been in a foul mood over being yet again stomped by Tooth and Nail + Riku's UR activation + other similar shenanigans. Earlier on in the week, I had ragequit from playing Dino D-Day after a team I had been playing on put on the worst possible performance I had ever been a part of. Before even that, I was starting to get sick and tired of the numerous ways a Grey Knight army could rape my Imperial Guard corps. At that time, I had also lost the will to play League of Legends, Team Fortress 2 or any game I had at one point thought of as "fun" during my 2 month summer vacation from the hustle and bustle of the university. On top of this, old mainstays such as World of Tanks and Shogun 2: Total War had become slow and dull for my poor self.

I sat there, cards in hand, wracking my brain when that small thought had crept into my head. "Yo Chris," the thought had opened with, "you really should step back from gaming for a bit." It was true. In my eternal quest for true entertainment, I had lost the reason why I had enjoyed the Traditionally Virtual games that I had based a good portion of my life around. Fun. I had stopped having fun. It was a disgusting feeling, a nugget of truth at the back of my mind. I needed a break. A break from all things.

Either that, or at least something different to do. With 21 days left until the university restarted classes again, the state of me being bored out of my mind was very very close to being a reality.

I used to believe in fun once. I don't know what's happened to me. I... guess I just need a break.

No comments: